October 22, 2011

My Hair Journey




Every four-five years, I will cut off my locks (some people called locks dreadlocks) then cut off some more hair to 3/8-3/4 inch. Then I will let it grow.

Then it will grow into this hairstyle:


I've had this hairstyle routine thrice in within 12 years. However, this time, someone I deeply love, admire and couldn't live without was just diagnosis with Inflammatory Breast Cancer at stage III. It really hit me hard at home. Because that someone prefers to remain anonymous, I've decided not to mention this person.

And for the first time, I've became so scared for this person. Because this month is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and this person was diagnosis recently in October. This person told me that hair loss will occur.

And I've decided to break my hairstyle routine (my hairstyle was still short) and shave them off. I have never feel that liberated since Bald Day at Gallaudet University (3/8 cut inch, not bald), I have no regrets doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment