November 20, 2009

Please Support KODAWest




I've been a volunteer at KODAWest (Kids of Deaf Adults (parents, foster parents, guardians and etc...) events for 3 years. And it is one of my favorite non-profit organizations. I'm not a mother nor an Aunt. I am a kid at my own heart and I'm sometimes selfish of things I want to do and things I have that I can do.

But my selfishness would go away every time I volunteer at KODAWest because it takes a village to raise a kid and in order to do that, some sacrifices have to be made. I'm not talking about giving up your hobbies, your daily routines and/or your careers. I'm talking about giving one beautiful Saturday to inspire kids, to be involved in kids' activities and to play with kids. Even going to KODAWest event after 4 hours of sleep is worth my time.

Please support KODAWest by going to Chase Community Giving, type in KODAWest and vote! AS someone once said, our children are our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment