December 14, 2010

The Heart Hunters


Facebook has been on my mind lately because having 600+ friends hit me at home. In my life apart from social networking online, I have a small circle of friends that I do not take for granted. And of course, just like you throughout of my life, I've met a lot of people. Some of them became my friends and some of them remain my acquaintance.

I'm a private person who like living life and I don't mind having a small circle of friends. What scares me is that I could open up to 180 degree in private, but in public, I'm shy.

When I joined Facebook, I first thought it would be convenience to share news with my small circle of friends. For unknown reasons, I kept on adding acquaintance that seems to extend beyond my circle of friends. The more friends I have on Facebook, the shy I get. So I don't post up on what I'm doing often compared sending my friends greetings almost everyday.

I've thought of modifying friends settings, I've thought of eliminating acquaintances who I don't talk at all, I've thought of setting restrictions in which I did and I've thought of eliminating friends down to 100.

Then I thought of acquaintances that wake up without any email greetings from their acquaintances (if they have one), thought of friends who receive 5 emails or less per day, thought of acquaintances who feel lonely and seek Facebook for at least some company. Then I understood. Facebook, underneath the basic foundation, is to build social networking in where people can interact with people, make new friends and to keep each other company.

It's a perfect place for the heart hunters who seek new friends because everyone on this earth deserves a friend. The bottom line, I'll keep my heart open by adding new acquaintances.

Good morning, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous02:11

    Good morning (it's past 2 am so it's morning, early I say! Lol) and it was delightful to see your posting here on DeafRead! You have made a very good point and the studies show that the maximum number that we can handle daily is 150 and if it goes over, then divide it into two groups to make 150 each in growth. Then repeat the steps. The groups can have its own labels - special friends, family, strong confidents, etc. Like you, I have over 500+ friends and most of them are acquaintances and was meaning to eliminate them. However, like you, I realized they're on my list for a reason of any sort and who knows? They could be someone I suddenly find to benefit and to be benefited from (wisdom, laughter, etc) that I never thought of before 'cuz the timing wasn't right at that time or whatsoever. Anyhow, good posting and well done with your writings earlier as always! Cheers, Shermay (your old CSUN and ADC acquaintance/mate) :^)

    ReplyDelete